Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP 231 Case

I finally got under the Jeep this morning to assess the damage I did towing home from Shredder. I found a crack in the Tcase. Strange thing is, it's nowhere near anywhere that could have made contact with a rock or the skid plate. There is no indication that it was an impact-type crack. It looks more like a stress crack in the casting. Has anyone out there had similar experience with this? It's not bad and I'll weld it up tonight, but it's damn wierd.
    Other than that I'm amazed at how tough this rig is. I thought I had destroyed the tcase, transmission and possibly the rear main seal on top of the LCA and drive shaft. None of that occurred; I bent the Hell out of the skids, dinged the muffler (again) and scratched the Hell out of the paint job underneath. But since I have the skids down, it's time to install a belly up.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Glad to hear that you'll be back in action soon and that the damage was less than you'd thought. When you say you'll be going to a belly up . . . did you have the stock t-case skid before?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      But since I have the skids down, it's time to install a belly up.

Another modification...You're a madman. You are completely out of control!!!
      Last edited by Double AA; 08-23-08, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
        Another modification...You're a madman. You are completely out of control!!!

Just tryin to keep up with the Astors Check out the Jeep Joke and Trivia section. Look at the thread titled "thats a Willys"?
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

does the t-case leak?
          many of them have these tiny stess crack looking spider web thingies in the output housing. Thats the way they are and not a reason for concern. I have a spare output housing you can have if yours does leak.
          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Working...
          X