Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod friendly Jeep Service Dept?

My rear diff is broke and I need the name of a mod friendly service dept. I still have a couple thousand miles left on my warranty, and I'd like to see if I can get it fixed under warranty before I take it to someone else. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    2006 Rubicon Unlimited
    Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

I dont know any dealers that are mod friendly. Out of curiosity, what broke?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Not sure! Driving straight there is no problem, but when I turn both tires grab like the locker is engaged, accompanied by a ratcheting noise coming from the diff. Could be the locker has gone, or somthing in the limited slip.
      2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

It is a bit out of the way, but I have used Walker Burge Jeep in West LA, service writer is Paul Bautista, my jeep is not oem and he has done ok by me..
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

how many mods have you done? do you have many stock parts still kicking around the garage? my buddy had put on a 4.5 rubi express lift on his tj..belive its an 05 or new and some 33's but when his rear brakes seized...cant remember why, probably too much mud and then sitting for a month. but anyways, we put the original tires back on, cleaned the shit out of the underneath, told the dealership we had just installed the lift. and hadnt messed around with anything, and they did all the work on warranty

Comment

Full Traction Long arm lift, replacement axles front and rear, diff covers, Currie tie rod set-up, 33" tires, skids, armor, Onboard air, air cleaner, roll cage winch, and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,
            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
              Full Traction Long arm lift, replacement axles front and rear, diff covers, Currie tie rod set-up, 33" tires, skids, armor, Onboard air, air cleaner, roll cage winch, and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,
              Hey Chips . . . I'm very curious to hear what they covered for you under warranty and if you had the mods listed above at the time. I've had good luck with them taking care of engine parts like a starter, and fan clutch,seeing that I haven't messed with any of that yet. I just assumed that I'd be outta luck if anything related to the suspension, axles, steering, etc wouldn't be covered now that I've got the 4" lift and 33's . . . sure would be nice to hear otherwise.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Time for an update

I heard on another furum about a service writer named Hutch at North County Jeep in Escondido who is a fellow wheeler. It was said that he would not automaticaly deny a warranty claim just because there were mods done to my jeep. I called him and explained my situation.

06 Rubicon Unlim
                6" Full Traction lift
                35" tires
                5.13 ring and pinyon
                Chromo axles

I told him I thought my spider gears in the rear diff were shot, and he said as long as the parts were OEM parts that were broken he would do his best to get them covered under warranty. That was good enough for me.

I AAA'ed the rig down to him on Monday. They got to it Tuesday. They replaced the rear carrier, put everything back together and were done by Thursday. All covered under warranty. I aslo had a front locker issue that turned out to be a loose air hose inside the front diff. They fixed that too.

I'm stoked to say the least. The only complaint I have is that when they refilled the front diff, they overfilled it. I forgot to remind him to point out to the mechanic that I have a riddler diff cover. The fill hole is higher up to compensate for a rotated pinyon, but on the front diff the pinyon is normal. So they overfilled it. Fortunatly the excess did not come out the pinyon seal. Instead it came out the breather tube. My undercairage is a bit shinier now but no big deal.
                2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

The front axle seals leaked, and they took care of that. Also a zipper on my top was coming loose, thread loose, had a upholstery guy come in an deal with that.
                  In a couple weeks I am taking it in to have the rear main seal replaced on the back of the motor. They have been totally cool about everything.
                  One of my Jeep club buds bought a 2008 JK UNL RUB with a Rub Exp 4.5 lift, 35" tires, bumpers, and the whole nine yards. It has a lifetime warranty , so they are now lifting and selling Jeeps, so why would they not work on them.
                  07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

up here in canada they havent started lifting and selling from the dealership, which is too bad. but they arent very anal about what youve done to your rig warranty wise, us canadians are just easy going i guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X