Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended

This section has been dead since I joined MJR so I thought I would post that the Chevy 4.3 is a great swap and has worked great for me. I highly recommend it.
    Check out .

mines a v6 lol and in all honesty id rather have the chevy motor hahaha you know how much that hurts to say lol
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

There is a big difference between dirtman13's Vortec V6 and Dr Dirty's mini van V6!!!! Scott you'd be dangerous with more horsepower. Ha!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        There is a big difference between dirtman13's Vortec V6 and Dr Dirty's mini van V6!!!! Scott you'd be dangerous with more horsepower. Ha!

Mitch
        i know lol i have a yj now to so look out blown 454 here i come lol

just kidding im gonna stick with the inline six or may even beat up chuck and have him help me convert it to teh vortech motor i heard the wiring is the easiets part. right chuck??????
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

dr. dirty got a YJ?! Wasssaaaap! :devil:
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
            i know lol i have a yj now to so look out blown 454 here i come lol

just kidding im gonna stick with the inline six or may even beat up chuck and have him help me convert it to teh vortech motor i heard the wiring is the easiets part. right chuck??????
            Let's do it!!! The wiring is nothing
            Check out .

Comment

Did you guys get any grief from either an inspector or the DMV on the V6 swap? I'm catching a little from a 4.3L out of an AstroVan. What emissions items did you guys carry over for the visual inspection, or did you not have to even have one?

Comment

Unless the vehicle is smog exempt you need to install all emision controls and equipment from the newer replacement engine. For a 4.3 that would be vapor cannister, egr, catalytic converter, the correct ecm and original air filter setup

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Unless the vehicle is smog exempt you need to install all emision controls and equipment from the newer replacement engine. For a 4.3 that would be vapor cannister, egr, catalytic converter, the correct ecm and original air filter setup
                  I had an aftermarket air filter on mine when I had my inspection and they didn't say anything about that. I can tell you everything else mentioned will be looked at and must be in place. The biggest problem I had was the referee wanted the exhaust routed exactly as it was routed in the vehicle the engine came from.
                  Check out .

Comment

The airfilter might depend on it being a tbi or central fuel injection the tbi needs the hot air thing on it for cols startups

Comment

Working...
                    X