Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating fuel pump?

So today I was out with the kids in the jeep. about eight different times the thing dies. The first time I pull the fuel line off the carb and crank it over to find that no fuel is coming out. I was behind the filter. The fuel pump seemed to be blazing hot so I packed it with snow and right away vroom fires up. I did this each time to get it going again. It seemed to happen when we were climbing a steep hill most of the times. So I need a new fuel pump I'm sure. What else so I don't ever deal with this again? Advice? Oh yeah engine is the stock 304. Thanks
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Basically its vapor locking check how the fuel line is run, most likely its to close to either the exhaust manifold or some other heat source another remedy is to use either a fuel filter with a return port just before the carb or something simular so that it can basically push the vapor back to the tank this generally takes care of it

Comment

amc fuel filter helps this, the one with the return line.
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Working...
      X