Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep 5 speed shifter

first of all, would like to say hi to everyone. first day on the site for me. i just have a question. i put in a new clutch throwout bearing in a friend of mines 01 tj with a 4.0 5 speed tranny. i got it all done and drove it and its beautiful. everything works fine. i pull it bak in the shop and theres trans fluid leaking. after further review, it was coming from the shifter where it bolts to the trans. i pulled it off and by my buddys request put silicone around in n yet it is still leaking. anyone ever had this problem??? could it be a cracked shifter or suomething like that. or is the shifet supposed to have a gasket?? any help is appreciated

JameS

Hi, Did you check to see if the tranny could be overfilled and if the vent line is plugged or blocked? I have never had that problem with the B/W T-5 in my CJ-7 and it has been in and out a few times over the last 23 years.I know they are not the same trannys. But that is weird IF you sealed it correctly.
    Respectfully,
    LG
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

i have to check i am thinking the vent hose could be clogged though. i have to check it. im thinkin thats it. thanx man

JameS

Comment

Working...
      X