Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Push Rod

The kid that bought my sons CJ7 last year came by(he lives 4 houses away) and it was knocking. It's a 258 +.040, Clifford header,intake,Holley 390 mild cam. I told him to go home and pull the valve cover. I went down and it had a BADLY bent pushrod on the #2 intake. I asked if he had over revved it and he looked kind of sheepish and said yes,maybe...We installed another pushrod and it has a skip in the #2 cylinder and pops when you rev it. Disconnect the plug wire and the skip is gone. I don't have much of my tools moved over here yet(no garage yet) but I think my next step is to check the compression on #2. I have a feeling he may have over revved it and floated a valve and bent the valve and pushrod. Does it sound like I'm headed in the right direction?It's about an hour and fifteen minute drive to my dads to get more tools and such and I want to make sure I grab most of the stuff I need in one trip.
    "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

That's a lot of floating to bend an intake and push rod. But yeah do a compression check first and it sounds like your in the right direction.

B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
    X