Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D35 Super 35 Axle Shafts

I broke my D35 axle shaft last weekend and looking to beef up the axle due to cost of replacing it. I am debating between the Super 35 axles with 27 spline or the Super 35 with 30 spline kit. The reason I am looking the 27 spline is I already have a lock rite locker installed and the cost is allot less than the 30 spine kit with a locker. I hate to have replace the lock rite. Does anyone know if there is a big difference in strength between the two? I am also going to reweld the tubes and possibly weldin some trussing on the axle to beef it up. Any advice? I have a 4 banger tj with a 5.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires. I also locker in the front.

you might look at the dana 35 c-clip eliminator axle kit.
    from what i have heard, it is quite strong, and gives you the added benefit of no c-clip.

it is like the picture below, but dana 35 specific.
    give them a call:
    http://www.superioraxle.com/contact.html

the 30 spline super 35 is stronger than the 27 spline. i have heard through the grapevine that there have been zero failures of the dana 35 27 spline no c-clip conversion kit. confirm with superior.
    this will allow you to continue to use your lock-right until you decide to pony up the cash for an ARB.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

thanks for the info, Where can I get a price?

Comment

They don't list a dana 35 c-clip eliminator axle kit on there site. The 88 kit is for a ford. will it work on the dana 35?

Comment

complete offroad has 27 spline yukon 1541h axels for about 200.00 free shipping no tax there about 20 percent stronger than stock and you wont tie up a lot of money in the 35 i ran the super 35 never broke a axel or had a problem i to welded the tubes and trussed it but thers nothing you can do for the ring gear a 7.5 ring gear is the weak link in a beefed up 35 so i finally swaped it and sold it while i still could , not trying to be negative just some advice from some one that went that route cbrazor1
          :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Thanks For the Advice. I hoping to get a hold of a ford 8.8. I already have an AMC 20 I pulled out of a CJ we have, It has an Alloy Axle kit, ARB Locker, and Disc Brakes, Would the 20 be worth the effort to swap to the TJ, I have not seen it done before.

Comment

call superior for a price. it is a new product and not yet on their site.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I found a 8.8 at a yard close by, It is complete with Disc brake and 4.10 gears that will match my front axle, I am getting it for $200.00. Now I just have to get my brackets swapped over with my welder.

Comment

Working...
                X