Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wlo

Hello, A buddy of mine who is new to jeepin and if ya can beleive it knows less about his rig then me,LOL,can,t get it in 4 wheel lo,he told me he tried it a few times but didn,t know you were suspose to be movin real slow when ya shift..I tried it for him and almost got it in.But it grinds and clanks and makes some God awful sounds..anyway when I added my one inch bodylift mine would kick out of and had trouble gettin it into 4lo until Sar Jeeper (Steve) adjusted the linkage under the jeep..So what do ya,ll think it might be?? By the way he bought it used and lifted a 98 TJ..Thanks guys ..Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

My lift kit came with a spacer plate for the tranny. I was told that some Jeeps need it and some don't . . . if the adjustment doesn't work, perhaps he could give one of those a try or maybe he's got one on there and doesn't need it? :dunno:
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I had the same problem with my 2005 TJ. It ended up that I have to stop put it in neutral then put it in Low. Sometimes after a lift you need to cut the plastic back so you can pull the shifter back farther.
      Dan

Comment

Sounds like a simple adjustment to the shifter linkage is all that is needed
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Can you get it in low range when the motor is not running? Mine was having a problem with dropping out of 4lo. I put it in 4lo crawled under it, loosened it adjusted it, shifted between 4hi and 4lo just to make sure it was fully engaged in lo. Then went back under for a final adjustment to make sure it didn't contact the console trim.

Comment

Thanks guys, I won,t see this dude for afew weeks but I,ll try the adjustment myself on his jeep ..that.. I,ve done before..Geeb
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
            X