Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad starter?

i just put all the junk back on the engine and now when i start it all i get is a buzzing sound. When i first started it i could hear it trying to turn over then all of the sudden it started buzzing. I know someone out there has got to know so help would be appriciated.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Does the starter solenoid click? Or does the buzz sound like it's coming from the starter? You can check if it's the solenoid or the starter by jumping the terminals on the solenoid straight to the starter lead. Just look for the wire going to the starter and see where it is landed on the solenoid, jump (+) from the battery to this terminal. If the starter turns over, the solenoid is bad. If you get the same buzzing, it's likely the starter.

rick
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Rick, I did what you said and jumped the + battery cable to where the starter wire hooks on and all i got were sparks. No clicking. So does this mean its probably the starter?
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Working...
      X