Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Oil Pressure

Hi,
    I have an 89 YJ with 4.2 that leaks oil. First it was the valve cover fill cap, after replacing that and the PCV it started leaking out the distributor. I replaced the gasket but it still leaks. The pressure runs high, around 55 psi, not off the scale. It moves through a good range so I don't think it is the sending unit, plus thats not what's causing the leaks. I changed the oil and filter but no differnece. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Have you removed the sender and put in a mechanical oil pressure gauge to see exactly what pressure you are delivering?
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

4.2 with an oil leak!! Say it ain't so!!

Seriously, 55 isn't really high. How amy miles on the engine? Has it been well maintained? I wonder if maybe there's a lot of sludge restricting the oil flow and causing this problem.

I'm not a moderator, but there is a spicific location on this forum for technecial questions. You may want to repost it there incase some our $h#t hot mechanics can shed some light on this problem! I know they have helped me emmensly in the past.
      Last edited by Roger; 05-11-08, 07:26 PM.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Moved!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
        X