Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fan problem

is an electric fan really worth it? i have a 2.5L 4cyl will i see much increase in horsepower or anything?
    thanks guys

I wouldnt do it... If your cooling system is good, leave it alone. The stock E-Fan and Mech Fan is plenty good.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
      is an electric fan really worth it? i have a 2.5L 4cyl will i see much increase in horsepower or anything?
      thanks guys
      DO NOT DO IT! I did a couple years ago, ended up with big overheating problem. even on a 75degree day any hill would cause the engine to get hot. as in to the red and had to pull over let it cool, get back on freeway go 5 miles or less then have to pull over again. took it off and reinstalled oem fan and every thing just fine. this was a name brand fan that was working. they just aren't big enough and don't move enough air

Comment

Originally posted by randysjeep View Post
        DO NOT DO IT! I did a couple years ago, ended up with big overheating problem. even on a 75degree day any hill would cause the engine to get hot. as in to the red and had to pull over let it cool, get back on freeway go 5 miles or less then have to pull over again. took it off and reinstalled oem fan and every thing just fine. this was a name brand fan that was working. they just aren't big enough and don't move enough air
        Just for some more tech discussion on here, did you build a shroud for it? Cause i know lots of people who run E-fans with good results but they have made custom shrouds for it. Im pretty sure just slapping it on there and taking the mech fan off wont do anything for you. The shroud increases the efficiency of the fan. The only reason i dont recomend the e-fan is becaue it takes a bit of work to make it worthwhile in a stock application.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by randysjeep View Post
          Overheating like that would indicate a larger problem with your cooling system. I would flush the entire thing out, take the time to crack off your water pump and put a new one on. (not that expensive and it only took me about 3 hours)
          I have an electric fan on my 4 cyl and I drive it around town without any issues. That being said, I do turn it on and let it run when I am in 4 low.

BUT, because of wrenching projects, I have been forced to drain my coolant at least twice in the last 3 years.
          I would say that changing your coolant regularly would be almost as important as changing your engine's oil. It does handle the transfer of most of your engines heat!
          Money pit!

Comment

Working...
          X