Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website for CJ7 Owners!

While researching the web for information about my vacuum system on my '85 4.2L Cj, I came across this website i thought was worth sharing:

http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/home.htm

This guy has put together some very useful information loaded with lots of details.

You don't have to thank me, I offer this as a public service!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Hey Roger,

Thank you for the info! Oh wait a minute, I have a YJ, I take it back / never mind!

Mitch

Comment

Oh yeah...great site. I've had that page bookmarked for quite a while. It has helped tremendously when I was trying to fix all the crap the previous owner changed!

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
        Oh yeah...great site. I've had that page bookmarked for quite a while. It has helped tremendously when I was trying to fix all the crap the previous owner changed!
        I was wondering if you knew anything about the wire he talked about that should be bolted to the fire wall if going above 4,000 ft elevation? Since I live at 3640' and frequently go in the montains, I have been thinking about running the wire through a switch on the dash board. It seems rather silly to get out and bolt the wire up. I guess I need to start by locating the wire.

Anyone know anything about this??
        Last edited by Roger; 02-25-08, 01:27 PM. Reason: Typo
        MJR moderator
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Hey Roger,

Thank you for the info! Oh wait a minute, I have a YJ, I take it back / never mind!

Mitch
          If you have a carbed yj it stills applies
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            I was wondering if you knew anything about the wire he talked about that should be bolted to the fire wall if going above 4,000 ft elevation? Since I live at 3640' and frequently go in the montains, I have been thinking about running the wire through a switch on the dash board. It seems rather silly to get out and bolt the wire up. I guess I need to start by locating the wire.

Anyone know anything about this??

hmmm, I don't recall seeing it in mine. In September, I went with the Howell TBI instead of the Carter BBD Carb, and I cleaned a lot of unused/spliced/wtf is that wire kinda stuff out. I think I measured nearly a mile of wire! I'm only 1/2 way done too!

Looking at Haynes wiring diagram for 1984-1986 on page 10-30 it shows it as a black w/ trace wire that is spliced and "ground to be used at altitudes over 6400M (4000ft)" I dislike the style of wiring diagram for these years, so it's hard for me to see if it is connected to something else. But it does come from the ECU (computer), which means I have already eliminated it.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I have that book, I'll check out the page you listed. I like my idea of running the wire through a switch on the dash.

Now if I can only muuster up enough nerve to install the 1" body lift kit sitting on my work bench...
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey Dan,

That was a joke for my friend Roger. We have wheeled together several times. Also I have a Howell Fuel Injection setup and don't have that problem on my 88" YJ. Roger, I got your message, will let you know.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                X