Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubicon axle swap

i have a 30 in the front and came across a rubi axle for free from a wrecked 06 and it has 3thousand miles on it.

the long side tubing has a very slight bend in it... still turns easy tho. so fixable?
    starvin student...

definitely not. I think you should just drop it off on my doorstep and drive your jeep how it is
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Ive read the only advantage to the TJ Rubicon front axle are the axles them selves, and, of course, the ring/pinion size. Axle tubes are the same as the 30. But hey, 4.10, locking front diff, cant be a bad deal, right?
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

RUN IT....deal with bent tubes later...Death wobble is cool keeps Girl friends from driving your jeep

How bad is it bent? post pics
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

What its good for is to put a little money into it....sell it and build a HP 44
          Head nut at Outdoorlogic
          Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
          www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

im not into puttin money into my axles right now becuase i have much bigger plans...

but for now, a 44 for free? i wasnt sure if it can be straghtined or somethin? you have to look super hard. the axle shafts are able to turn freely with no restriction.... it also hax teraflex high steer nuckles.
            starvin student...

Comment

take it and slap it in, drive it and see... if it needs to be straightened you can fool with that later. I dont think that you will know untill you bolt it in.

I know it will suck, but if the gamble doesn't pay off and you have to yank it back out to straighten it, at least you know it won't be for nothing.

I'm sure you can either straighten it or swap out the tube, but if the bend is really slight you may be able to make the adjustments on the ends...

:2:
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

thats what i was hopin to hear
                starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
                  i wasnt sure if it can be straghtined or somethin? you have to look super hard. the axle shafts are able to turn freely with no restriction.... it also hax teraflex high steer nuckles.
                  A driveline shop should be able to straighten it fairly cheaply. I would suggest fixing it prior to installation. I've seen axle splines wear out from bent tubes that weren't even noticable. Damage can occur to the splines even if you don't feel any resistance when turning the shafts.
                  I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

ok thanks bro. either way i have to swap some 4.88's in their to match my rear. and strip the mounts and make some new ones.
                    starvin student...

Comment

X2

Paul B knows his stuff....
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                      X