Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust on the 4banger

hi guys and gals has anyone installed one of those full exhaust kits like the one from banks??? or atleast the header for the 2.5L??? are they good? do they sound good? any advice would help

Not a lot you can do the 4banger aside from swapping it out to gain much power. If you're looking for a good upgrade to keep those furious fighting squirrels still kicking like jackie chan than I would invest in an inertia ring. It's simply a 9lb weight attached to the flywheel to keep things spinnin'

Normally Banks exausts do sound good though, with the Chrysler 4cyl I had on my YJ my stock exaust sounded like a can of angry bees at high RPMs....vroom vroom....WWAAAAAHHHHH!!!
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

yea my old jeep sounded kinda lame, it had a coldair intake and a tb spacer. and a flowmaster muffler. im thinking of getting the banks torque tube and their cat back kit aswell. but i might also cut open my cat and chisel the inside out. my boss did that on his 8.1L chevy and it sounds even better than before. i just wonder if it will blow codes after that. theres some big computer thingy under my hood that i dont know what it does

Comment

If you go to an after market exhaust on that engine it gets really loud...and REALLY annoying. It sounds different than the 4.0 does. I tried two different after market mufflers, only to rip them both off and put the stock muffler back on.
        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Working...
        X