Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need ideas about this bent frame...

i have an idea but i would like some input on if it was your rig how would you go about fixing it?

cross member is bent which pulled the drivers side frame in a bit. :dunno:

starvin student...

cut it out, grind is smooth, replace it with a new pipe, weld it back in. you might want to tack some supports in before you remove it in case the frame is under stress so it doesn't move on you.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Baylen,
      two words; Professional Bodyshop. Don't mess with that unless you have the right tools and knowhow. That can affect steering, handling, and if you bend too much you might crack some welds and cause a failure somewhere else. If you know the yoda owner or can hunt him down, I'd be making him pay for it.
      Kurt
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

or yeah, what RAT said... hunt 'im down!
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

as mad at him as i am. hes my buddy... he is paying out of pocket for repairs. but he is a very cash strapped college kid...lol im a sucker. i will be doing the repair at my uncles shop.... i believe we will be using a hydrolic bottle press and holding the shape. then cutting out the old cross member and cutting a new one the stock width. bend the frame a bit to fit the original size and re weld all while using heat on the frame where the slight bend is. then using a plate to gusset the area that has been bent a bit to keep it strong...

but i need to wait till my uncle comes up with his verdict bein he is the fabricator/genius. it still drives great today as i still did the trail and drove it 2 hours home no prob cept the steerin wheel was off center cuz the frame was pulled in bhout quarter of an inch. so the steerin box did too. lucky for the steering box skid savin me their. i recomend the KILBY now! but.... any reasone why thats a bad idea if its done right? rat?
          starvin student...

Comment

Why was there no bumper on it?
            offroadwerkz.com
            (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

drive as fast as you can into the Yota and then get it fixed.

I agree though, why no bumper? just something to not have that tube exposed
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

lol well i have not been drivin the jeep, but my motorcycle instead. while its been sitting their i have been tryin to make a front bumper. takin forever..... but its comin and then this run came soooooo... i was all snow run? i dont need no stinkin bumper, guess not!!
                starvin student...

Comment

YES It can be fixed by your uncle but will it be right? You truly need a body shop to line lazer the frame see how far off it is and then pull it out. I figure about 3-5 hours on the frame machine@85.00 hr plus the R & R fabrication of the front tube assembly another 5-10hrs you do the math. That front tube is a critical point on the frame BE CAREFUL if you do it yourself.
                  Can you get insurance involved? this incident can be costly plus we cant see other hidden damage.
                  Plus now safety is main concern unsafe Jeep because of handling issues.

Good Luck
                  Last edited by New2image; 01-26-08, 03:10 AM.
                  2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

what happened with this???
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by calduc View Post
                      what happened with this???
                      He fixed it:
                      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=1
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

ya sorry i should have kept it in this thread... but its all done now
                        starvin student...

Comment

no is my fault for being a blind old man
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                          X