Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strong,or not so strong,the factory 06 Rubi lockers...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong,or not so strong,the factory 06 Rubi lockers...

Anyone had any problems with them? I read the hoses are prone to cracking,but is the locker assemb. itself well built? I run 33s and an auto trans, and I dont Bonzi the thing through stuff.
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

I've heard rumors, (actually from JC and other shops)
    that these can handle up to 35's!!! Being that they are housed in "heavy duty 44's"..

Don't know if it's true or not, but have run into couple people that run over sized with the stock axle setup, and say it's fine and not having any issues with it.

33's are optimal 'cause the gearing and the six speed manual all work out, making it a little more comfortable 'to shift through the gears'.

I think you are right, though....the only weak point in the stock system, so far, is the hoses. But, the good part is that the system only requires a few pounds of pressure to get them activated...versus needing 15 or 20 PSI. So, what I think I am saying here is...Maybe they will last a little longer than we anticipate. :dunno:
    OK, just wishful thinking I guess...

You 'should' be fine with the setup you have, and if you keep driving the way you claim to, then you really should have no issues....

Until the warranty runs out...
    oh...wait...that's right...no dealer will really honor 'warranty' on a Wrangler...
    "...you changed the radio...well...that's not covered now, even though we sell that in the shop over there...and it's made by us....no, we have to charge you to look at it..." :omg:

NE way...My research :geek: came up with it should be fine...

How 'bout the rest you???
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Working...
    X