Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Speed Auto

Considering swapping my NV4500 to the 32RH auto. As I get older the arthrits in my Left Ankle makes pushing in the clutch during a day of wheeling and the travel to and fro the trailhead very uncomfortable. Need a little feed back on the wheeling part of an auto especially with low gears and an Atlas. I will be going fron 109:1 in low/low to appox 54:1 plus what ever the torque converter adds to the mix..
    George
    Last edited by TDS SD; 12-24-07, 09:53 PM. Reason: add comment

I run an auto (06 Rubi LJ). For slow,precise stuff, I love it! What I dont like about the auto,( I think mine is a RE45?), is that I cant "hold a gear". 4 to 1 transfer case, low range,long steep hill, dont mix too well,at least IMO. Also sluggish on the road, comp. to a stick. GREAT for crawling, though.....
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

32RH Tranny

After spending all day driving and pushing in the clutch resulting in a very painfull left ankle I ordered the tranny. At my age (70) I need the comfort but not ready to give up wheeling. Just have to be more selective on how big a rock pile I choose.
      Tanks for the feed back.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
        After spending all day driving and pushing in the clutch resulting in a very painfull left ankle I ordered the tranny. At my age (70) I need the comfort but not ready to give up wheeling. Just have to be more selective on how big a rock pile I choose.
        Tanks for the feed back.
        You will be really happy with the 3 speed auto off road. You will think you died an went to heaven. Your crawl ratio will be a lot better than you figure because the torque converter almost doubles you final.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

i also run an auto. due to a bad left leg from a motorcycle accident. but any how i love mine it makes it easy to drive anywhere.

i want this jeep

Comment

Last summer I replaced my tranny with a tf999. My local tranny guy rebuilt it and did something with the valving so if I shift it down it stays in the lower gear. As you can probably tell I don't know much about how it all works. But I'll tell you that is is the best thing that I have done to my jeep for wheeling.
            '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

Auto Tranny Swap

Just got back from Superstition Mt. Area near El Centrol. The auto I installed worked great. First time in a long while that I wheeled all day and drove home with the left ankle not hurting.

Comment

if you want some info on an install look at stu olsons site.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/index.html

i want this jeep

Comment

Tranny swap

I did the 32RH as it was the simplest swap. As I said earlier so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                  X