Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn hub conversion

Has anybody completed a hub conversion on the Dana 30 axle for a YJ or TJ?

I think that I may have done this backwards-----but, about 9 months ago I installed a "lunch box" locker and a set of USA Alloy axles.

Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits
    High tensile strength 4340 Chromoly is heat-treated twice to produce these heavy-duty axles that are up to 30% stronger. Exclusive 10-Year warranty. Shafts come completely assembled with inner and outer shafts, u-joint, and full circle clips. Sets include both passenger and driver sides. Available with stock 27 splines or custom 30 spline shaft ends.
    The USA Alloy axles use the larger Dana 44 sized u-joints.

My plan is to add the Warn hub conversion kit in the near future.

The question that I have is: Can I still use the Alloy axles with the hub kit???
    Money pit!

Originally posted by pdw View Post
    Has anybody completed a hub conversion on the Dana 30 axle for a YJ or TJ?

I think that I may have done this backwards-----but, about 9 months ago I installed a "lunch box" locker and a set of USA Alloy axles.

The USA Alloy axles use the larger Dana 44 sized u-joints.

My plan is to add the Warn hub conversion kit in the near future.

The question that I have is: Can I still use the Alloy axles with the hub kit???
    yes, you can continue to use the inner alloy axles.
    you can sell the old alloy usa stub axles to offset the cost.
    be sure to buy yourself a spare hub. i have this kit, and have been very happy with it.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Erik,
      Thank you for the feedback--Having to use the Warn stub shaft in place of the Alloy axle shaft is what I suspected I would have to do. But, it is the lesser of the two evils.

I am looking forward to being able to flat-tow my Jeep again.
      Money pit!

Comment

That is what I just installed into the Tj front axle in my SFA KJ project, works fine.

Comment

Working...
        X