Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much power will a t76 and a dana 300 hold?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much power will a t76 and a dana 300 hold?

I have a sbc 355, 6" rods, bowtie heads, hydraulic camshaft, air gap intake, and a truck avenger 670 carb. Should be a good 350-375hp engine. I'm not gunna go any extreme trailing with it or anything for now... or not until I get some axles under her.

I'm wondering how long this stuff will hold on until I can go with a better tranny,i think its the saginaw 465 is the one I am thinking of, and probably an atlas 2 stick(I want a 4 speed...but I dun need it... I dun have any rocks to crawl around here anyway)-- thats my next project.

Will it snap with the first slight bid put on it, like pulling up to a stop sign on a steep incline and say the clutch grabs and kinda jumps forward, will that be enough to snap the tranny? I know it is enough to snap drive lines... been there done that

I have read that the t176 4 speed tranny is possibly the strongest put in jeeps before 86 and the same with the dana 300 transfer case. It seemed to hold up good behind the old 304.... that my dad ruined
    80 cj5- under going sbc swap, dana 60 and 14 bolt sping overs
    86 cj7- stock.

The dana 300 is a great transfercase.
    I have read good things about the T176 but I have not had luck with them.
    you can go chevy righ from the start. 355 sm465.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I am gunna swap to the sm465... they arent the easiest thing to find though.... or I havent found any around here. When I do that I'll probably drop an atlas transfer case in also though
      80 cj5- under going sbc swap, dana 60 and 14 bolt sping overs
      86 cj7- stock.

Comment

Working...
      X