Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb'ed jeep in Big Bear

how do they run up there? my '02 v8 tundra was kinda boggin, not sure if I would wanna drive my 90 wrangler up there.what have you guys experienced?

And your tundra runs fine at lower elevations? I don't notice any major difference in power at higher elevations in my fuel injected TJ. I went to Big Bear plenty of times in my v8 Silverado and never noticed any major power loss. Maybe a tiny amount, but not what I would call "bogged down".

I'm not commenting on your carbureted jeep, as I don't know, but your v8 Tundra shouldn't feel 'bogged down'.

Now, onto your YJ: I see lots of guys up there in older YJs and CJs, so you should be fine.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

You shouldn't feel any difference with fuel injection. A properly running fuel injection system isn't affected by altitude. As for your carbureted vehicles you may notice a little difference but it won't be an issue. Big Bear isn't that high. My:2:
      Check out .

Comment

Yeah i live up there and i feel no difference driving my Jeep up there vs down the hill.

We have a carbed Scrambler that always runs with us and hes fine until he gets REALLY off camber then it kinda cuts out but hes never not done a trail with us.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

When my CJ was carb'd, it ran fine up there.

Comment

My '90 YJ has done alright up there. Granted the Carter carb is crap, and I stalled it a few times accordingly. (could be the driver). My carb was WAY out of tune and still I did Holcomb with little difficulty. I'll hopefully let you know how the new MC2150 carb does on John Bull this weekend.
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X