Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL6 Question ~

QUICK! I'm having some issues getting new bolts for the mounting of the intake/exhaust manifolds on the 90 YJ.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bolts are: 3/8"x16, Grade-8, how long? The 1" bolts that I was able to get aren't long enough, and the 1.5" bolts are too long! I cannot find 1.25" bolts anywhere!!!

What am I doing wrong? Also...when I took the old bolts out...they were METRIC!!? and cross threaded in there a bit (obviously)...so I cleaned out the threads with a tap and now cannot for the life of me find new bolts are the right length. I've got to be doing something wrong!

edit: p.s. I'm trying to plan a run this weekend up to BB, so I need your thoughts as soon as I can get them to try to get it fixed by the 30th!
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 11-25-07, 09:10 AM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Here is the stumps i would suggest getting think washers and use the 1.5 long bolts. 3/8 16 bolts it what I see on my six cylinders.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

he is right.. there are thick washers on there... ~1/8" concave washers.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

yes the concave washers are on there...that's what is making the 1" bolts not long enough. but they're not so thick that the 1.5" bolts are able to tighten all the way down.

I found a part number and HOPE that Yucca Valley Chrysler Center will have a set.

Comment

There are also places that only sell hardware. Around here theres a place called Rainbow Bolt tha has any type of bolt you could ever need. Try maybe finding something like that around you.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
            Rainbow Bolt tha has any type of bolt you could ever need. Try maybe finding something like that around you.
            That could very well be the closest one to me.

Thanks though, I'll try looking into it. I'm always in need of odd bolts, this could be handy.

Comment

There is also Inland Specialties in Riverside or McFaddendales in Corona both have good bolt selections or my garage we have a pretty good selection there too
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I have most of a set you can have. I will not be to work until wednesday, or you could come by the house and get them.
                8 bolts 10 washers.

Comment

Originally posted by Davisrats View Post
                  I have most of a set you can have. I will not be to work until wednesday, or you could come by the house and get them.
                  8 bolts 10 washers.
                  Ya know...with all you donate to this Jeep...some day it will just be yours.

I will try the part number I got, and see where I get with that.

Comment

Need-um? x8203

Comment

Originally posted by Davisrats View Post
                      Need-um? x8203
                      Thanks Ron! I got some! Wrenching to commence Wed. evening.

Comment

Do you have a Napa? They had the 1 1/4" Gr 8 bolts, but I only realized this after I had already bought a whole set with washers at the dealer...
                        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                          Thanks Ron! I got some! Wrenching to commence Wed. evening.
                          That's good news Nick!

My new tires are to be mounted/balanced Wednesday morning!!!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

www.mcmaster.com should have them as well.
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

The quick and easy answer for a too long bolt? DREMEL...
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X