Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo To My Clutch!

Well, I was going camping with a couple buddies of mine. My jeep and by buddy's S10 pickup were the only vehicles with 4wd and were the only vehicles capable of hauling the gear to a campsite. Anyway the camping was great. It's been raining here so the dry wood we found was cool to make a camp fire with and the night we camped was really fun. The next morning lead to 6 hours of exploring a cave..good stuff

Now to the bad part. On the way back to the highway from the ORV trail used to get to the campsite the clutch assembly inside the cab of the Jeep broke. It broke a weld, and the retainer that attaches the pedal to the slave cylinder broke inside the cab of the jeep rendering the clutch pedal useless. Well I'm like crap...

I'm new to the offroad scene so I hadn't a clue what to do about the whole situation. A few of the locals in the area luckily were driving through the trail and came upon us and told me to put the T-case in neutral, put the jeep in first gear, then put the t-case in 4lo which I did. They then told me to start the jeep and give it a little gas as I did so, and sure enough she limped her way back to the highway. Bad thing was the cost to tow her the 40 miles back to town was $125 and now the Cherokee is sitting useless in my driveway until I can fix the part. I live in Alabama, and in the city at that. Not many folks around here drive manuals, much less manual cherokees. As of yet I've called five slavage yards and while Cherokees don't seem hard to find (Thank god if I ever need a different part), Manual Cherokees seem to be impossbile to locate...so...I'm stuck without a vehicle to I can fix the darned thing.

Yup...what a wonderful world...
    -Cory
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

What part do you need, i think my parts cherokee has the clutch pedal assembly and almost a brand new slave in it if your interested. Its a 95 and had an AX-15
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

already fixed ^.^

Bought a new slave from NAPA, and the pedal donor was an old commanche. So $375 later Lafonda's fixed
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
      X