Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Oil...

SOOO, some dude was stuck cause his truck went over a curb and couldn't get back over it. So I'm like whatever, hooked up a strap and pulled him out.

Get home, and like the cautious person I am I look under the Jeep and make sure things were ok. (I dunno why I looked O.o I just did)

Anywho I'm checking both axles...they are fine
    Both driveshafts...fine
    All the U-Joints...fine
    Transfer case...fine other than one thing

I saw a shininess to the case, so I touch it with my finger and sure enough when I rub my fingers together, it's oil

So I'm like...well ok it's not started to drip just a little wet on the t-case, no biggie

I checked both outputs and the seals around the driveshaft are fine.

The area is on the back of the t-case around the drain plug and the Speedo gear.

I just did a quick look-over the seals and they seem fine...I just can't seem to figure out where it's coming from.

It hasn't formed droplets just some oil on t-case, so I'm gonna watch it and make sure it doesn't get worse cause I've had t-case problem in the past and they aren't fun O.o

Just though I'd post up and see what you guys thought.
    -Cory
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

RTV is your friend...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

hah, don't tempt me. The RTV I use is bright orange...just imagine that. A bright orange T-case O.o
      WTF Mate?

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

What color is the oil- red, or brown (ish)? If it red, then you might have a bad seal between the tranny/X-case. There is a "weep" hole in the tranny tailshaft housing that is designed to let you know that a seal has failed. Just a thought.

Comment

Also, have you done any work on the transfer case lately? If it's all on the underside of your vehicle as well, it could be just the output yoke slinging your case fluid. If so, pull the rear driveshaft and torque the hell out of the yoke bolt. That was one of the problems with mine after doing my SYE. Make sure that bold is TIGHT! (Breaker bar, or somebody who is "SO STRONG" ).
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

If it was red, I'd be worried...I drive a 5spd O.o My gear oil is just...the normal amber color
            WTF Mate?

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
            X