Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is gonna sound silly

But I've been looking for a new frnt bumper for the XJ, and have found a few I like, but they could be better, But that's not my question

Upon observation of these bumpers I've noticed that in order for them to look right and decent you've got to cut the front quarter of your fender flare, and a noticeable chunk of the fender off.

Like this for example: http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...jprerunner.jpg

I like the bumper a lot but the idea of hacking my fenders to make it look right still kinda send shivers down my spine. I just bought the Jeep in May...I dunno if I'm ready to start hacking at it...

Bolt on upgrades I'm perfectly and completely fine with...it's the ones that require me to start cutting into the body that I'm leery about.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

cutting sheetmetal is just another aspect of XJ ownership. The fenderwells are a bit small for most decent size tires, and even with a duplo lift your gonna have sheetmetal cutting rubber at some point. I toadaly understand yor hesitation with the subject, but what are ya gonna do?

Many of us here on MJR are sheetmetal cutting fiends, so if you want to pop some tops and cut some sheet, put a shout out, and just look away if you can't stomach it....
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I don't live anywhere near 90% of the MJR folks (Alabama for me)...so I dunno.

ALSO! I have a question...I have stock jeep 15x7 wheels that I'm wanting to mount a 10.50" tires on. First off...would it fit properly, and second would the tires fit inside the wheel wells?
      WTF Mate?

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

are you going up in size?

also these guys have a few bumpers you dont have to cut for protofab4x4.com
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

no, the tires aren't getting any taller...just wider.
          WTF Mate?

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

you got me, I dunno... sorry I din' get your location earlier.
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
            X