Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey mom! Look what I did!!

WELL! I had some dough burning a hole in my pocket, and had this little itch every time I got near the jeep...so...I thought I eliminate that burning sensation that the cash gave me every time I sat down, and give that itch of mine a GOOD scratching...so...here's what I did...

Beefed up the sterio system a bit...although I lost half the cargo room in the back with the new sub box...

Then the shifter literally broke off...so I replaced it with a shnazzier one.

Then last Friday...I had some extra cash just "lying" around and was bored...so I made a trip to my friendly neighborhood autoparts store...and this is what I found

SOO, what do you guys think?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

I think you should have spent your money on suspension/// you asked,, LOL LOL just kidding it looks great..BOOM BOOM BOOM

Comment

Unless your name is "YJwondergirl"...I'd say you need to lose that stuffed dog on the dash...:maggie:
      -Bob
      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

you going to drop it and put it on dubs next? haha jk man...not a big fan of the "ghetto thumpers" <----thats what my dad calls subs lmao i love that!!!

I do like the doggie in the window though
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

I agree w/ the suspension comment as stereos just are not my thing until I run out of functional (off road related) things to spend my money on. I also think you are now drawing in Hot underhood air into your engine by eliminating the air box which flows plenty of air for the 4.0L and draws it from a cooler source if left alone. If it is a K&N then you are also just ingesting dust too....well at least until it gets real dirty and actually starts filtering. Then again, how dry and dusty does it get in Al. anyhow?

But hey, if YOU like it then WTG, money well spent!

Comment

Not many rocks in AL, and the weather is usually very humid, and not dusty. The suspension? Eh...that'll come eventually...I'm not going to build a rig that'll handle the rocks, just something that'll get me where I wanna go in this southern red clay. Will it eventually be lifted? Most likely. Has the idea of lovering it ever crossed my mind? Yeah...and then I threw up. It'll probably just become an offroad capable mall crawler. But so far I like the subs. They are modest (Rockford Fosgate 12" 400watt peak).

About the dog in the dash? Well...the last time I had a "real" dog in my jeep my allergies were murder even with the windows down, and it shed all over my seats (Who knew pugs had so much hair!?). SOOO I wanted a Jeep dog, and "Copper" was the best candidate. O.o My dad's got a bright pink platypus sitting on his dash...I think my mutt is a little more down to earth.

And no...it's not a K&N...the manufacturer is called "Vortex"...it was the autozone special, and it makes a nice suction sound when you hit the gas. Eventually when I get the time I'll put somewhat of an enclusure around the filter and put an air vent there for a little cooler air, but for now I'm liking the horsepower boost!

Thanks for the replies...keep em comin'!
            WTF Mate?

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

Cool. Bottom line is you have a Jeep and it sounds like you are enjoying it how You want to which is really what IT is all about.

Comment

X2 I was just messin

should of got tens though...they hit harder :p

Comment

No way tens hit harder. These outbeat a set of Kicker 1000 Watt Dual Voice coils that are running at about 750 watts each...

...they have more power running to EACH sub than my amp puts out as a whole (600 watts).

SOOO I like them, they rattle the roof of the XJ...
                  WTF Mate?

______
                  [_____]
                  (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                  []--o---[]

Comment

10s still hit harder...i didnt say deeper...i said harder

Comment

looks like your having fun with your jeep! I keep trying to get some tunes in my YJ, but it just doesn't last very long....
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                        looks like your having fun with your jeep! I keep trying to get some tunes in my YJ, but it just doesn't last very long....
                        You must be kidding? Living in SoCal with a nice stereo in a vehicle that is impossible to "secure".... why wouldn't it last long?
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I dont have a theft problem, I have a durability problem...

I don't want to fork out the scratch for Marine grade radio gear and so when we get these freak rainstorms where the rain comes in sideways, it just aces my radio/cd player

I have been trying to find an amp that has an input so you can just hook an I-pod straight to the amp and forgo the radio buisness alltogether... I mean why bother with a head unit if you have an I-pod?

But I havent found anyone who makes one. again I am the inventor of a product that doesn't exist... ahead of my time... an innovator of sillyness...

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                            I have been trying to find an amp that has an input so you can just hook an I-pod straight to the amp and forgo the radio buisness alltogether... I mean why bother with a head unit if you have an I-pod?

But I havent found anyone who makes one. again I am the inventor of a product that doesn't exist... ahead of my time... an innovator of sillyness...
                            Maybe some company will buy the idea off of you! If you only ask for the amount needed for a new set of tires, they'd probably do it!
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

the price of tires is a very subjective topic, I think a set is about $600- but others mught value that same set at $1,200-, so how do I price my Idears?

Comment

Working...
                              X