Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bumper is gone...

I was looking to get a Jeeperman rear bump for my 03 TJ, now when I look on the site all of their bumps are labeled as out of stock. Question, anyone know the deal with Jeeperman, and if not what is a sturdy comparable rear bump (need option of rack and jerry can mounts)?

we have been dealing with them on the jk stuff i sent money 4 months ago and all i keep getting is it will be done soon there are about 60 of us jk guys in the same boat
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

I subscribe to most forums and jeeperman is not a company to deal with right now. Have not read anything positive about them the last year. just an opinion

here is a link for a bumper test.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...out/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
        I subscribe to most forums and jeeperman is not a company to deal with right now. Have not read anything positive about them the last year. just an opinion

here is a link for a bumper test.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...out/index.html

Although I wouldn't really base anything other than wasting some of your time off of the JP magazine bumper review.... I know of 1 bumper that they say is crap that the picture shows the WRONG bumper. Now I have no first hand experience with the bumper in question and I also don't know if it was simply an editing error but if it's not, they're slamming a bumper that's not even the bumper they think it is.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

which one? I tested the body armor, tomken, big daddy, fab four, and olympic for that article. My favorite out of the ones I tested was the body armor then big daddy with olympic being last. I really didn't see where he outright placed one as crap, the olympic actually was the worst (still functional though), it was the least expensive as well.

Comment

It actually looks like it was fixed. The picture for the body armor one was listed as durango4x4 on their website, and they said they didn't like the durango one, but it was the wrong picture. It was correct in the magazine, but incorrect on the site, now fixed.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

what bumpers are you running...any pros cons?

Comment

I have the Wilderness system on the rear, came with the heep, HATE IT! I'm making my own now. Front's done, rear is on the way.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Any thoughts on the Rock Hard bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolfTJ View Post
                    A friend has this one...this will probably be the bumper I get when I finally break down and for out some $$$. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Good thoughts and posts guys, I'm more impressed with this forum everyday, as compared to the other forums, no names needed. JP magazine seemed to have a consistent problem with rattles in the latches or so it seemed, but maybe the industry in general has this problem and they just point it out. Regardless, we've tweaked this setup for over 10 years and stand by our product, our rear bumper has a lifetime warranty and "knock on wood" haven't had anyone hurt the tire carrier. Let me know if we can give you guys a deal on the toughest stuff in the biz!
                      Mike
                      Jeeping experts of South West Colorado
                      888-259-8676

Comment

stay clear away from tomken. there bumpers are really nice, but their tire carrier/rack system is pathetic. their ad states that it's a "new design" but i had that "new" design of theirs back in 99.. i guess 8 yrs of the same swing out w/o any change in the crappy design = new.

get a ORFab. they are on sale right now for cheap. its a great great way to keep your rig lighter and have any bumper of choice you want.
                        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

just thought I would throw these guys out there too, you guys out west might have never seen any of there stuff but they do good work and are really nice guys.

www.atozfabrication.com
                          Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolfTJ View Post
                            I have a Rock Hard rear bumper and I like it. I like the fact that you can buy the gerry can carriers and the rack seperate so you don't break the bank all at once. I just added the optional rack for carring my cooler or tools. Here's a pic.

Last edited by dirtman13; 08-17-07, 04:40 PM. Reason: Fogot I had pic
                            Check out .

Comment

Working...
                            X