Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer

I'm looking to get a pressure washer to keep the jeep, other cars and dirt bike clean (er). any recommendations. Don't want to spend too much. Not really that much fun!!! I like to save my money for toys if I can.
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

We have a lower end Karcher ... it kicks butt and does a good job. I can look up the exact model if you want.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

who sells that brand where did you get it. I am a little limited here. The closest home depot is to hours away. I may end up shopping on line.
      '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

At first, I bought one of the 1800psi electrics from Harbor Freight. While the pressure was decent, it had a problem with it's thermal shutoff switch. I couldn't even spray both sides of my explorer before it would shut down and have to cool off for about 15 minutes. I took that one back and did without for a while. Since then, I picked up a gas powered 4.5HP 2300psi unit from Lowes. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! It was marked way down, sitting out front of the store because someone had taken the spray nozzles from it. I told the guy inside I wanted to buy it. Then I went to the shelf, picked up a set of replacement nozzles. He opened the package, pushed the nozzles into all of the little holders, then didn't charge me for them.

Did I mention WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Comment

what brand is that one from lowes?

Comment

TroyBuilt is the one from Lowes. Has a B&S engine on it. This is a different model I think, must be the newer release of it.

Comment

I got mine from Sears on one of the member sales, that thing works xlnt used for two years with no problems. If it is good enough for Bob Villa, then it may be ok for a regular guy !!!!!!!
              moon buggy
              5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

unless its going to get a lot of use, I'd look at walmart. A family member of mine has a cheap-o from there, and its been good. Also, if you have a problem you can't beat walmarts return policy! lol

Also, if its only for cars/vehicles I wouldn't get a real high powerful one. My uncle got one at a hardware store that took chips out of his concrete when he was trying to remove some grease spots.

Greg

Comment

Yeah, with the straight stream, without any fan to it, you can write your name in the paint on your car..

Comment

I had the same one thats in the picture above, within a week or so of the warrenty ending the pump died and a new pump cost as much as i paid for the entire washer. I ended up buying one at homedepot, its not as nice as the troybuilt but it works. A few years ago i had an electric one that started leaking from all over. it still worked but i was to scared to use it.

Comment

Working...
                    X