Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Windshield

I have a used windshield in excellent shape. My friend has a cracked windshield and I am willing to give him mine. The problem is that all the places that he has called to get it installed will not do it because it is not their glass and do not want the "liability".

Any suggestions on how or where my friend can get the windshield swapped?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
    I have a used windshield in excellent shape. My friend has a cracked windshield and I am willing to give him mine. The problem is that all the places that he has called to get it installed will not do it because it is not their glass and do not want the "liability".

Any suggestions on how or where my friend can get the windshield swapped?
    Your driveway?
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Your driveway?
      Ha! Yeah, thought about it, but we don't have the proper tools. Plus I keep hearing stories of broken glass or leaky seals when done by an amateur. I'm just not brave enough to try.

[/COLOR]

Comment

The windshield on your jeep is different. It is set in a gasket just like the old cars. Just need soapy water and some clothes line. It is the easy type of windshields, compared to the newer glue in types.
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

if he has a TJ its not a gasket..it is a glue in. Only big trucks still use gaskets...you have to be over a certain weight to not be glued in. im not exactly sure what the weight is.

Dont know if you got this put in yet but try Safelite Auto glass...i know the ones out here will do a R/R normally $100 dollars labor...or you can wait for me to move to cali and ill do it for a case of guinness
          Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper View Post
            if he has a TJ its not a gasket..it is a glue in. Only big trucks still use gaskets...you have to be over a certain weight to not be glued in. im not exactly sure what the weight is.

Dont know if you got this put in yet but try Safelite Auto glass...i know the ones out here will do a R/R normally $100 dollars labor...or you can wait for me to move to cali and ill do it for a case of guinness
            Thanks! ...and hey, I would've been happy to buy you some Guinnesses (or is that Guinni?) when you were out here recently. Too bad you didn't get much free time. I'll pass this on to my friend Maxwell (Max7). I have already given him the glass.

So when are you moving to Cali?

[/COLOR]

Comment

well everything just has to kind of fall into place. hopefully if all goes well it will be in the with in the next year though.

Comment

well everything just has to kind of fall into place. hopefully if all goes well it will be in the with in the next year though.
                Excellent! Keep me in the loop if it happens. We'll have to get an MJR welcome together from the locals in the area for you.

[/COLOR]

Comment

sounds good bro! I cant wait..I want to move out there so bad!!!

Comment

sounds good bro! I cant wait..I want to move out there so bad!!!
                    Head out soon! We've got great weather, great girls, great jeep trails! I love it here!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      Head out soon! We've got great weather, great girls, great jeep trails! I love it here!

lol sounds good man...I have the girl, just need the weather and trails

Comment

Working...
                      X