Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids seats

All right I know that some of you have kids that go wheelin with you. I'm looking for the best car seats for them. I have a three year old and a one year old. The one year old can't do much yet but she will. The three year old I can't keep out of the jeep. He will sit in it in the driveway all day if a let him!
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

I just bought a set of PRP preteen seats for my young ones ages 4 and 7. They also have a smaller seat for you 1 year old. The seats take 5 point harnesses to really lock them in. Tokk them out today and the worked better than car seats on that stock bech seat.And more comfy. Now i need a set for me !
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
      I just bought a set of PRP preteen seats for my young ones ages 4 and 7. They also have a smaller seat for you 1 year old. The seats take 5 point harnesses to really lock them in. Tokk them out today and the worked better than car seats on that stock bech seat.And more comfy. Now i need a set for me !
      How much space is left in the back?
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Good Idea. Pics?

Comment

I did the same when my kids were smaller. I also added the extra protection of ratchet strapping the kid seats completely to the factory seat.
          offroadwerkz.com
          (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            How much space is left in the back?
            Not anymore than was there before !!! I mounted them only about 4' off the floor so they are sitting lower in the back
            moon buggy

Comment

Originally posted by sh3rm4nt4nk View Post
              Good Idea. Pics?
              Who needs pics i live in canyon Country too
              PM me and stop by some day !!!
              moon buggy

Comment

check out the "safeguard go" carseat. We got ours off internet site "elite car seat". It is expensive but it has 5 point harness, and most important takes very little room. It is made for newer cars with LATCH system but could be made to work on older vehicles. I like ours. We have other carseats, and this one is the best we found, fits in TJ like it was made for it. Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                  it'd be cool if you could share a pic and maybe what you dropped after everything(purchase + mounting). I've got a 5 yo, and a booster seat and lap belt just doesn't instill a ton of confidence.

thanks,
                  json

Comment

Working...
                  X