Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunburnt...

Went out for a ride the other day and found that the sun doesnt like me, now looking to gt a bikini top for the summer months, my question is bestop makes a mesh version instead of the solid version, what are the pros and cons?

The pro, you still feel the wind. The con, you still get burnt, just slower.

Comment

I have one of those Bikini/Safari tops that also covers the rear. I also had to get a windshield rail to hold the top, no drill bolt-on, comes off when you put the other tops on.

B&T TJ

Comment

doesnt best top have a bikini top that still lets the sun light thru, but it stops the UV rays??? I havent heard any reviews on them, but i know they have one like that.

I know how you feel though, i get sunburnt really bad too...so let me know what you end up doing. I have just been laying on the sun screen like its cool!
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

I had the VDK KoolBreeze (mesh) Safari top. It was great on the trails; it provided plenty of shade and air, but it was too windy at freeway speeds and it was not rainproof so I got the Bestop Sunlighter Bikini with a Windjammer. On hot days, I'll take the doors off or on a long trip I can leave them on and turn on the air. I couldn't use my air with the mesh top. I prefer a Safari top to shade the stuff I have in the back, but the Sunlighter is only available in a bikini style. The Sunlighter is rainproof so the driver stays dry when it rains (with the windows up) but when I was caught in a heavy thunderstorm the rain that fell in the back of the tub was enough to fill the footwells with water. I had to remove the carpet and pull the drain plugs. Fortunately, it doesn't rain that often during the summer in Southern California. In the winter, I'll remove the bikini and install my soft top.
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
            I have one of those Bikini/Safari tops that also covers the rear. I also had to get a windshield rail to hold the top, no drill bolt-on, comes off when you put the other tops on.

B&T TJ
            What brand do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolfTJ View Post
              What brand do you have?
              I believe it's a Bestop

Comment

Working...
              X