Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting a soft top?

Is there any way to tint the windows on a soft top? I don't need to go really dark...
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Not sure about tinting clear plastic windows. However I know you can find factory tinted soft top windows, which I'm sure will hold up better to the abuse we put them through. In the long run I'm sure the factory ones will be better.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

bestop sells tinted windows. The rear sides, the rear window, and upper doors. You can find them on any site that sells bestop brand wares, like Quadratec, 4WD, JCWhitney, etc.
      Of course Bestop isn't usually cheap, but I believe they use sailcloth as materials, and match all the factory colors. I've got a Bestop Replace-a-top on my YJ, and it's pretty durable (I can't say the same for my factory hardware though)
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

a lite coat of black spray paint??? atleast on the rear windows..paint em solid black

Comment

good idea hurricane!......hahaha.......... but anyways, i dont have a soft top so im not 100% if the are sturdy enough for the stuff you can just stick on. when you buy tint like this its dirt cheap but kind of a pain to do unless you dont care about it bubbling
          :devil: Giffer

Comment

Yeah probably just gona go with the Bestop windows. Might as well just do it right and not worry about it.

Thanks guys.
            Yellow 01 Sport
            4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

The plastic windows flex too much for store bought tinting. They'd bubble very VERY shortly after you got it! (plus I have no idea if they'd adhere well enough)
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

why does no one ever go withmy ideas??? i spend alot of time coming up with these gems

Comment

permanant Marker? Oh you know!

Comment

Working...
                  X