Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpeting!!

So like, I have carpeting for my YJ (Yeah...I was suprised too.) Anywho, I'm having trouble keeping the carpet down, while still having the option of taking it out. I tried velcro, and it wasn't strong enough to keep the carpet down, and I don't wanna use a LOT of velcro cause it would look bad. The only way I could go with larger strips of velcro would be to paint the plastic hooked part of the velcro to match the jeep. Would that work?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

isnt the velcro under the carpet? so what does it matter about colour or how much u use???

Comment

you could always drill small holes and use body push pins in inconspicuous areas.sounds like alot but it would work.then again how nice is the interior?

Comment

i have carpet in my yj....but the person who i got it from smoked in it and it smells like crap....

take it out or replace it?

Comment

drilling holes would mean when he goes muddin, or threw water that the water/mud will come inside the jeep from under the carpet and it will stink. chandler, do u do much mud/water 4wheelin? is so, the carpet can get messed up from climbing in and out and stuff, so best bet would be to take it out and linex the floors, makes em easy to clean out and wont get chipped and rust. but if u dont do stuff like that, then just get a good interior clean, shampoo the seats and carpet

Comment

oh yeah, makes sense,im used to ppl who put six inch lifts and dana 60s on so they dont get any damage from the curbs at the mall.good point though.

Comment

Line-ex, Rhino liner, whatever, it rocks! Insulation, skid proof, somewhat easy to clean, fun to paint on in a closed garage (don't try this at home kids)... $75.00, a few hours of labor, and a day or two for the fumes to abate and you're in there...

Rat
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I was gonna put a bedliner in it, but if it's a roll on, they get kinda slippery when wet don't they? I know line-x won't cause it's abrasive. I like the carpeting, cause when i go playing in the mud, than I can take the carpet out, and while the velcro wouldn't bother me...it might bother the stuck up little rich girls that like us country boys! (I live in Madison, AL, a commute of Huntsville. Google Huntsville....you'll see why there's a bunch of rich folks here!)
                WTF Mate?

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
                  I was gonna put a bedliner in it, but if it's a roll on, they get kinda slippery when wet don't they? I know line-x won't cause it's abrasive. I like the carpeting, cause when i go playing in the mud, than I can take the carpet out, and while the velcro wouldn't bother me...it might bother the stuck up little rich girls that like us country boys! (I live in Madison, AL, a commute of Huntsville. Google Huntsville....you'll see why there's a bunch of rich folks here!)
                  I worked in Huntsville a couple of times. Nice place to visit....
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

clearly u will have to lineex it and then velcro the carpet overtop, for the ladies

Comment

I like that idea!!
                      WTF Mate?

______
                      [_____]
                      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                      []--o---[]

Comment

its a solid call on all acounts. gotta love jeeps for gettin the ladies, i cant wait till summer, it will be amazing, my first summer with the jeep

Comment

Working...
                        X