Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLoorboard Follies...

I bought my 97 TJ back in september and had to put a transfercase in a week after i bought it; i hadn't even had the chance to put it in 4wd yet and already had to replace it. Anyway, i bought a x-fercase from Transfercase Express/monster transmission. I was on my way home from work last week and the transfercase exploded and came through my floorboard and the gear hit me in the leg. I have found floor pans for cj's and yj's but not for a Tj. its about a 12x10 hold in my floorboard. the entire center hump and drivers side pan is mangled. any suggestions?

first off, go pimp slap the guys who sold the xfer case too you, and then take a cutoff wheel, or plasma cutter, and cut the floor nicely into a good shape, then get some sheet metal, cut o match the hole, if u have a..o whats the thing, it puts those like dents in metal, but not really dents, more like channels, its like an english wheel, anyways it will strengthen the metal tenfold, and just weld it in place when its all cut and ready, o wait u said the tunnel aswell, do u have any metal working tools? to roll it, or even a bench brake and make it squared off instead of rounded..wow my post is long and rambleing, it must be because its 3:30am and i just got home from 16hours of work, brain=fried

well i hope any of that junk helps, also i hope u understood it

Comment

haha, yea im pickin up what you're puttin down. I don't have any of that stuff so i'm gonna have to get someone else to do it unfortunately.

Comment

thats a shame, i would help you out if we wernt like 1000 miles apart. theres all the stuff nessecary in my old shop at school, the teacher lets me and my buddies fab stuff all the time

Comment

thats cool. my school didnt even have a shop like that haha. would have been saweet though.

Comment

ya it was sweet, we built a minibike chopper, a go kart, and tons of other stuff. custom bumpers and skid plates, stuff like that

Comment

thats freakin awesome.

Comment

that would be wicked. the most i ever got to make was a lawn mower.
                :devil: Giffer

Comment

go kart hauled a$$ went about 80K, chopper wasnt so good, i almost snapped the frame by doing a brake stand, with the front tire against the school, unfortunatly i didnt weld the frame, it was some frenchman who sucked at tig

Comment

so how much do you think itd cost for sheet metal and all o do the hump?

Comment

depends on gauge...hmm roughly 20 bucks?? i dunno american prices.. but ya, 20-40 for metal, fabrication..unless u got a buddy that can do it probably 100 bucks ish.. so lets say 150$ at the most. i think, dont quote me on anything

Comment

Working...
                      X