Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another winch ?

going to be ordering a winch this week. and i am stuck between elec. or
    hydraulic and 9000lb or 12000lb. going with mile marker just figuerd i ask you guys/gals what you would go with.

thanks justin

I have the electric 12,000 lb. It's been good for me. Hasn't let me down and has worked good each time. From other threads, some people think they operate to slow, but how fast do you really need to go to get unstuck? I weighs about 100 lbs and brought the front end down some. I went with ACOS to level it out again, apposed to spacers. In any case, I've had no complaint with mine. Here's a couple of pic's showing it on the jeep. If MM had the sealed intergrated control modual, I would have gone with that. Only down side with the Hydraulic is the engine has to be running to operate the winch.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

thanks for the info sam. one more ? are you running dual batteries?
      if so where did you put the second one?

thanks again
      justin

Comment

Just one idea on the "where to put the 2nd battery" question

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ratherbe...60762387360449
        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

No second battery, it's on the list......I use a single blue top Optima battery. No problems electricly....yet, but I don't expect any.
          1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

thanks for the info. got the winch installed and off the oem battery it works ok, will be upgrading soon. pics to come

thanks
            justin

Comment

well the front of the jeep droped about 2" after all the stuff i put on (winch,bumper, and the oil pan/trans pan skid) wanted to do the ACOS but can not spend the $$$ right now but i founs that super lift has a 4" lift (i have a rancho r/c 2.5" now) and i got 4"lift springs new for $100 so the springs should level it with out spacers. i will let ya know how it works.

Comment

Working...
              X