Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summers a comin

so, with somer a comin i want to take off my doors and lower my windsheild and all that super fun jeep stuff, but im worried that as soon as i break the paint on the hinges its gonna rust up baldy, just like ive seen on lots of jeeps around here, i was just wondering if there was say powder coated or chrome (im sorry yes i said crome) hinge swap kits that i could get to swap with the stock ones so i dont have to worrie about rust. anyways thanks for any info

Hurricane

Yes, new hinges are indeed made. They come in black, stainless steel, gun metal, it all depends on what you buy!!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...015107/c-10108

that's just an example. Look and shop around, and JCwhitney has more manufacturers of the hinges, and they are everywhere online, in Jeep catalogs, on ebay, and shopping sites, find what you like! I'ma get some powder coated stainless steel hinges and a complete hood set once my broke teenage self gets some money.
    Last edited by YJwonderboy; 02-04-07, 08:20 PM.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

thanks, i think gunmetal would be pretty sweet. ya i agree on the broke teenage self, atleast you dont have to ship parts in from the states and pay duty and exchange rate, im workin 2 jobs so i can save enough cash to go nuts on my jeep

Comment

Hmm, jeep paint must be getting worse. I've been lowering my windshield through half a dozen CJ's and now my YJ - never had a problem.

Don't know if it's the same on the TJ's - but the YJ torx bolts are a PITA to get out of the lower (body) part of the windshield hinge.

(I'd keep the windshied up permanently before I'd stick chrome on my rig!)
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post

(I'd keep the windshied up permanently before I'd stick chrome on my rig!)
          x2 those are some fine word right there... haha
          therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Lol, My dad just about whacked me upside the head today when I told him I was gonna buy chrome hinges. Lol, turns out that other than the sand blaster, and the blasting tank, he's got a chroming solution and plating kit that if I really wanted to, he could plate the hinges in 24karat gold....that would be so sweet...anywho, he says that I should plate them in a nickle solution, as it would look really good, won't rust, and would have a kind of shine to it that isn't bright like chrome but pleasing to the eye. That...or we've got metal bluing at the house....just sand blast all the hinges and hood latches, and blue them...or black oxide would be cool too....wow, my dad should have told me earlier he could plate metals O.o Oh man the possibilities!!
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
            X