Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new Rollbar pads

I'm having some issues installing new rollbar pads. The rollbars above the doors are giving me the main problem (there are others, but it's more a lack of correct tool deal). My new rollbar pads for over the door have no zippers or velcro or anything. I'm assuming they're supposed to slip onto it by removing the bar over the door. So I removed the bar over the door. I'm going to cry. Where the bar attaches to the windshield and main rollbar are both far too large to be slipping anything over them. I cannot be the first person with this problem. Where are the instructions to these things? How do I get these new rollbar pads on?

Hey...welcome to MJR.
    No, I dont know your plight.
    What year jeep? Where did you buy the new pads?
    My jeep is a 05 and they are zippered.

oh....it says right there on your avatar....98.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

If its the stock sport cage there should be bolts just aft of the window bracket about 8-10 inches that aloow for breaking the door bar so you can slide the pads on. Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Rat,
        That's what I did. I removed the door bar, but it looked to me like the pad won't fit over it because the bracket part is so wide (on both ends). Maybe it's flexible enough to stretch it over?

Comment

Originally posted by chlorine23 View Post
          Rat,
          That's what I did. I removed the door bar, but it looked to me like the pad won't fit over it because the bracket part is so wide (on both ends). Maybe it's flexible enough to stretch it over?
          Do you have the door bar with the star head bolt back by the roll cage upright behind the seats? If you do, you should be able to slide the pad on from the rear end of the door bar and all the way up to the window mount. The door bar is smaller at the back end and should be free of obstructions all the way forward.
          Kurt
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X