Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winches!!

what is the best bang for your buck winch? i dont need super extreme, just enough to get me out of some mud, or pull out a friend, say in the 2K US$ range

thanks

Hurricane

a warn M8000, or a Xd9000I
    either would be more than enough winch for what you ask and will be 1 grand or under
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

x2 on the Warn M8000

not the fastest but reliable and good value
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston View Post
        x2 on the Warn M8000

not the fastest but reliable and good value
        superwinch epi9.0..
        therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I have heard that there is a hunting and fishing expo traveling around where 4wheel parts is selling Mile Marker 9000 lb winches for around 300. It is a show only price and is only available at the shows. They were in SanJose last weekend, Sacramento this weekend and will be in Reno soon. My buddy picked up two of them, thats how I know.
          I have a Jeep

Comment

Thanks for the info, i think i will get a warn m8000, sounds like it will fit the bill, i wonder what its priced at here in Canada, probably $1800.

hurricane

Comment

Warn is a great winch. I like mile-marker. It's a great brand name winch that costs less than Warn, and i haven't heard of anybody trashing them where I live. You can buy a stronger winch for less cash. And plenty of the aftermarket magazines and stuff sell them, like quadratec or JC Whitney, and personally i think the Mile-Marker is the best bang for your buck...but I could be wrong >.<
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

If I had to pay for a winch...it would be a Warn.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I vote for convincing your freind that HE needs the winch!

Comment

Originally posted by JpPassenger View Post
                    I vote for convincing your freind that HE needs the winch!
                    This has been my method so far.
                    I have a Jeep

Comment

tabor(warn makes it)magnum 9k I've had mine for a year and I like it $520.00 delivered to my door

Comment

I have run a Tmax 9000 on the FJC for 6 months now and will say I am impressed, we put it through it's paces getting that hulk of a Caprice out of that ravine in Calico, it complained a bit but ran like a champ. got 2 people unstuck also on different runs, nice winch for around 600 smackers. Still like my Warn XD9000i on the Jeep better, sound smoth when running, never complains and just has proven as reliable as can be.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

i have the costco winch. i have used it around 20times and one of them was pulling a bobcat out of the mud and it still works like new. and it was a lot less then my dads warn.

Comment

Warn XD9000i. being stuck sucks. and when you are out with all your full size buddies that are running 44' its hard to ask them for help.
                            :devil: Giffer

Comment

Working...
                            X