Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah View Post
    $30 Radio Shack CB ... it rocks!
    Same radio from a garage sale, $15, double rocks!
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      I'll put a cutting rod on the onboard welder and carve the parts I don't have off someone elses rig
      HAHA ill make sure next time i wheel ith you, il run when you breakdown
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

im a avionics tech but when it comes to car electronics i get a lil lost...is there a way to wire your CB into your stereo so it comes out your speakers?
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

you know what haha i tried that but, when i hooked up my AUX input mini jack to the output jack for the external radio on the back of the CB i got MMMMAAAAADDDDD feedback through the speakers when i held down the talk button on the radio. but im sure theres a way to do it so you wont...
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I had a long time CBer tell me to put a fuse on the ground wire too. Anybody ever heard of that? He said that especially on older vehicles that may have bad body grounds. He said something about other things trying to ground through your CB. Guess its all that path of least resistance thing.
            Dennis
            04 TJ
            4.0/Auto
            RE 4.5 Long Arm
            Rock-It Man Rockers
            33x12.50 BFG A/T
            desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

i have seen a lot of older CBs and other stuff with fuses in the ground wire already
              Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

I got a Realistic CB, 12' of cable and a Fire Stick antenna off of Craigslist for $20! Works fine for me!!
                Last edited by steelman; 11-28-06, 11:58 PM. Reason: spaced on my brand of CB...added the correct one!
                -Bob
                '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                  I got a Realistic CB, 12' of cable and a Fire Stick antenna off of Craigslist for $20! Works fine for me!!
                  Craigslist FTW!
                  I just scored a yakima load warrior with tire carrier for $80 bucks, it retails for $375 with tire carrier.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

ive got a cobra, the one where everything is in the mic, i love it, green sheet 60.00 in the box.///SCORE

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer View Post
                      I had a long time CBer tell me to put a fuse on the ground wire too. Anybody ever heard of that? He said that especially on older vehicles that may have bad body grounds. He said something about other things trying to ground through your CB. Guess its all that path of least resistance thing.
                      Pretty much standard now on all the VHF/UHF stuff (Ham and commercial)
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

XJ Kevin, where did you get that cobra with the radio in the mic, i think that i know which one you are talking about but i saw it at a much higher price...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolfTJ View Post
                          XJ Kevin, where did you get that cobra with the radio in the mic, i think that i know which one you are talking about but i saw it at a much higher price...
                          I usually see them for around $100 too, so $60 is pretty cheap... It's called a Cobra 75 WX:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cobra-75-WX-ST-4...QQcmdZViewItem
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

What is a good site to buy an antenna and coax cable? Also any brand of coax to look for (any difference other than length?), looking at getting a Firestik II for the antenna...

Comment

Yeah, get the Firestick. and I just used 18' Coax from a TA truck stop. I think the brand was Diesel. I made sure to get a better looking thicker strand type. Seems to work fine. I would just head down to the truckstop or radio shack and get it there, that way ou can actually look at it and decide and theres no shipping charge.
                              Last edited by swbooking; 01-10-07, 12:41 PM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Don't know what Firestick is actually using for coax these days (I doubt they actually manufacture their "Fire Flex" coax), but it's only RG-59A/U. Never saw a factory crimped PL-259 that impressed me either.

IF you can solder (electronics - copper pipe doesn't count) then hunt down some Belden coax in RG-8X, buy the best grade of PL-259 (silver) that Radio Shack sells, and wire it yourself. Coax length is _immaterial_, 18' is a "rough resonant" length at 27mHz - run what you _need_ to get from the antenna to the radio, no more, no less. If you can't solder, find a local Ham operator, most of us can (and some of us used to teach it)

Find someone with a stand alone SWR meter to match the system, the SWR meters built into the radios are effectivly worthless. Match the antenna out away from buildings, etc.
                                Jeff
                                OHV76V
                                KG6TY
                                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
                                X