Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SOLVED* Wiper Switch Questions...

I'm somewhat confused here...

I've been searching high and low for a new wiper switch for the YJ. The specs are:

1990 YJ, with intermittent wipers & with tilt steering.

First thing I did was to call the local Kragen (Checker back east), Napa & Auto Zone. I dunno why I called auto zone because after an alternator fiasco I vowed never to buy electrical componenets from them again. But I was desperate. Needless to say, they all said, "I'll have to order it, blah... blah... blah... and it'll cost $130.00" To wit I replied, "I'll get back to you."

Came home, jumped online and started shopping. And here's where I get confused...

Part # 56000031

Check these two websites out for the same part #.

www.thejeep.com

and Crown Automotive (the ones who make the part!)

Now, Crown Automotive is the ones that most of the websites are selling, but nearly all of them list the part as w/o intermittent & w/o tilt steering. Part # 56000032 has intermittent, but not with tilt steering, or it's not even mentioned if it's compatible with tilt steering or not.

Makes me wanna pull my hair out. If anyone knows the correct part number that I'm looking for PLEASE post in... I'm losing my mind over this.

Thanx
    ~nick
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 11-06-06, 08:53 AM. Reason: edit title, problem solved.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Figured it out.

For anyone else that wishes to know...

Proper part number is 56007299.

Found it at Just4Jeeps.com for $53.87

Hope to order today.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
    X