Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers in the Door

SO! I was thinking of getting some 5" speakers to mount in the door. What do you guys think? Maybe build a box that will go behind the center console, between the driver and front passenger seat for a small sub. Nothing special...just a jeep with base! You all's input would be very much appreciated.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

A few guys around here have those bass tubes. Plug in the wiring harness and plop it in the back, you're done! Most of the time we wheel without doors anyway, so I guess it depends on how much you take them on and off.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

well I'd make the door wiring an easy disconnect so that I could take the doors off without the wiring mess.
      WTF Mate?

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

I re did the whole system in my XJ, Subs and everything. and ive built custom sub boxes for losts of peope, as well as custom cargo boxes. i dont think you'll have a problem, just make sure you use 5/8" particle board for your sub box it should do the trick and give you a good bass sound.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Yeah, I know about the particle board. Shouldn't be too hard. Just an 8" sub should work fine for my little jeep. Something to add a bit of sound.
          WTF Mate?

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

yeah its always good to have a little umph in your jeep
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

alright. I decided to put the subs ON the wheel well. Either facing up or down. If they face up, I'll just build a simple box. If they face down, I'll put tone holes in the box. I think I want them to face down...for a low profile look. With a soft top jeep and speakers sitting on the wheel it's lookie lookie, stealie stealie. So...yeah...low profile is the way to go. The speakers in the door...maybe 5 or 6 inch speakers....I may even go big and put in 5x6's...woot. SOOO should I buy sound Wedges that fit between the wheel well and the roll bar...or should I just build a box that would fit there? I may just save up and buy the sound wedges...woot.
              WTF Mate?

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

Hmm the speakers...I may build a custom box to fit between the roll bars. The subs will be facing towards the back of the car, angled slightly inward. so that I'll have enough room for the magnet to fit in the box, and have the box fit the way I want between my roll bar.
                WTF Mate?

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
                X