Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Everyones Opinion

I allow myself one thing for the jeep per paycheck so this one is between the following:

MSD Offroad Ignition
    Gibson (or Flowmaster 40 series) Cat-Back Exhaust
    or 4X4Trailhunters.com Rockers

Whish one should I do first? My Girlfriend Says rockers and her brother says exahust. Im torn... Thanks for your help.
    -Allen
    Last edited by swbooking; 07-28-06, 08:12 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

well based on your other post i'd say you should get a new radiator instead of new toys...
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

its not the radiator but i am getting a 3 row from DGP off road, and the one per pay check is a toy not things i need, like a radiator.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I would go with the rock sliders. Although the tubular ones use up so much ground clearance. Can you find any made of 1/4" plate to provide protection without reducing GC?
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
          its not the radiator but i am getting a 3 row from DGP off road, and the one per pay check is a toy not things i need, like a radiator.
          How about a tranny mount???? :homer:
          Those are a fun toy!
          -Bob
          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
            How about a tranny mount???? :homer:
            Those are a fun toy!
            haha its already on the way from autzone.
            I thought the rockers too aston, i guess i should protect myself before i put other stuff on... i dont know i havent really seen any others besides the tubular ones for an XJ, but its only gonna take up like an inch or so, it shouldnt be that bad.
            Last edited by swbooking; 07-28-06, 11:25 PM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

rockers. all the other stuff is fluff and wont do anything anyway.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Sounds good that what ill do... rockers are next!

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Rock sliders were the first addition to my ZJ. Unfortunately they were about a week late and I have a couple of nice dings on the passenger side rocker panels.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Yeah im doing the rockers from 4X4trailhunters... would anyone know a good powder coating place? i guess i could just coat them with some epoxy paint but i want them to have a little more protection than that... any suggestions?

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
                      Yeah im doing the rockers from 4X4trailhunters... would anyone know a good powder coating place? i guess i could just coat them with some epoxy paint but i want them to have a little more protection than that... any suggestions?
                      Just my opinion, but I think you're better off using some spray paint primer, and a couple coats of spray paint. Powder coating is difficult to deal with once you scratch it and it begins to flake off. With spray paint, you have easy touch-up if you scrape them.
                      -Bob
                      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I'll agree with Bob. Pick a Rustoleum color you like, buy 2 cans!
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Cool, Ill do the same i did on my rims, prep them a little with some sand paper and spray away.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Spray paint, a four wheelers best freind...
                            BTW, your XJ is looking F.I.N.E.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks man its still got a long way to go though, your one of the few people to have seen it stock before the lift and everything. Cant wait to see the TEEEEE JAYYYY with the ARB in it.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X