Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powertank / Co2 fills

Just picked up my 10lb powertank last weekend. Was wanting to get it filled but being saturday afternoon none of the welding or gas shops were open. I just happened to remember that my local Ace hardware sold paintball guns so I went in and asked if they knew a local place to get tanks filled. The owner said he had a tank in the back and could fill it. After reading the Co2 posts saying 10 to 15 dollars for a weld shop/airgas fill I was prepared to pony up probably 20 bucks for a fill from a small store. He rang me up and i was surprised with a total price of $5.50. I hope it wasn't a fluke but i guess I will find out next time I refill. Going by my scale it was 9lb 15 oz of Co2.
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

I keep looking at the power tanks vs the compressor. It's probably the way I'm going to go. It pays to shop.....even for air. It's my opinion that some of the best finds are the ones you're not looking for (or in this case looking to get). Thanks for the info.
    1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

i dont have a powertank but i have a scuba tank that i use to have my air source. i traded two tanks with regulators and air chucks for two bumpers. it was a good trade. they work pretty good and at a fraction of the price of powertanks.
      therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I have "The Source" 10lb tank, works great, the portability comes in handy. Local welding supply fills it for $10.00

Comment

Working...
        X