Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite Radio Antenna Mount

This question is actually about my boyfriend's Wrangler, so forgive me if I don't know all that much about it. He just got a Sirius Satellite Radio and is trying to figure out the best place to mount the antenna (since he can't mount it on the Hard Top?). I'm just wondering if anyone has ever run into this problem and has any suggestions?

I stuck mine underneath the padding of the soundbar. Now that I don't have a soundbar I zip tied it to the top of the roll bar. Yeah, I dont care that it looks bad

Anyways. No reason you can't mount it to the hard top. Just use some RTV to secure it since the magnet won't work. Should be fine or you can just put it on the cowl.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I have XM and the antenna is just a little thing with a magnet. If it's the same, stick it anywhere that's metal - I've had the best luck on the top of the rollbar.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

The Sirius antenna has a magnet. It will stick to the roll bar, and the padding will fit over it. I also taped mine in place so it would not move when I put the roll bar padding back on. I then put most of the excess antenna cable in the plastic side shield.

The only way you can tell there is a Sirius radio is if you climb in, and look up near the footman loop.

I have really good signal strenght also with the antenna where it is located.

Navy-Jeepster
        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I mounted mine just forward of the windshield and routed the wire arround the side windshield hinge on the drivers side. Works great.
          :beer: Is Good.....

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
            I stuck mine underneath the padding of the soundbar. Now that I don't have a soundbar I zip tied it to the top of the roll bar. Yeah, I dont care that it looks bad
            Anyways. No reason you can't mount it to the hard top. Just use some RTV to secure it since the magnet won't work. Should be fine or you can just put it on the cowl.
            This coming from a guy that runs wheel center caps!
            [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
            In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
            X