Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cb

where are you mounting your CB's in your TJ?

http://www.turbocity.com/product_inf...roducts_id=351

bracket mounts where the footman loop does on the top of the windshield frame. I like.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I use a handheld one that I bought from Radio Shack. I do need to mount a permanent antenna though for increased range.
      That way I can take it out of the jeep when the top is off.

Navy-Jeepster
      Gold Digger
      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

My antenna actually fits right into my mirror mover. I think they're by Sun Performance.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Right above the 2 meter radio.....hanging from the roll cage in a custom mount.

I do have a Tuffy overhead console that will hold 2 radios (or one radio, and a switch panel, etc) that I will sell cheap. It mounts to the the holes left by removing the footman loop in front, and the stock roll bar in the rear.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

thanks

Comment

I bought a shelf from this guy. It's working out real well for me as it's overhead and doesn't take up any precious cab space.
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                Right above the 2 meter radio.....hanging from the roll cage in a custom mount.

I do have a Tuffy overhead console that will hold 2 radios (or one radio, and a switch panel, etc) that I will sell cheap. It mounts to the the holes left by removing the footman loop in front, and the stock roll bar in the rear.
                Will that work without too much mods on a 04?? I know of 03 and above they started adding the plastic but if it will work without having to remove the plastic (at least not all of it) I might be interested. What are you wanting for it??
                04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                4" rough country springs
                Nth degree arms upper and lower
                1" Currie MML/BL
                Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                33"BFG MT's
                Lock-rite in the front

Comment

I did have to remove the plastic....I remember that now that you mention it (was installed in a '03). You can just cut away the offending area, or take it all out as I did. I also had to trim the padding around the factory roll bar. I removed the cover, cut back the padding, punched a couple holes in the cover for the Tuffy mounting hardware (big muffler clamps) to pass through, then put the padding cover back on (over the muffler clamps), and installed the overhead console. Unless you knew what I had done, you could not tell it wasn't supposed to be that way.

They list for $281 new (Tuffy site), will sell for $75+ shipping. It has a few scratches, I installed 2 computer fans in it to move air over my 2 meter, they are still there along with the wiring, it is missing some hardware....nothing special...(couple of nuts and bolts...all stuff you can find at pep boys or Home Depot).

KG6OWO

Comment

goodtimes, PM sent.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

bigdogg---sorry for the thread hi-jack.

To everyone who sent me PM's about the overhead console, thank you for your interest. Responses have been sent to everyone, and the console has been sold.

We now return you to your original thread about how to mount your CB in a TJ.

KG6OWO

Comment

i mounted my cb next to the tcase shifter on the center console, i do not recommend doing so. its a far reach, and with the top down or windows open, its hard to hear the audio, even with the volume all the way up. im looking into either a shelp system for the windshield or overhead console.
                        Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
                        5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Working...
                        X