Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Lug nut size

Okay I feel like a dork, yes more than normal.

I am tired of the crappy 2 piece lug nuts I get at the local auto part stores so decided to order a set from Summit. But I am not sure what size (I usually just go into the auto part store and the computer does all the work) and there are a ton of choices.

I believe the TJ use 1/2 inch right hand thread. Is this correct?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Originally posted by nagal
    Okay I feel like a dork, yes more than normal.

I am tired of the crappy 2 piece lug nuts I get at the local auto part stores so decided to order a set from Summit. But I am not sure what size (I usually just go into the auto part store and the computer does all the work) and there are a ton of choices.

I believe the TJ use 1/2 inch right hand thread. Is this correct?
    Yep, 1/2-20. They can be has in 3/4" "head" and 13/16" head. Any good auto parts house (assuming you can find your way past the scooters, lawn furniture, and all the other crap).
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
      Yep, 1/2-20. They can be has in 3/4" "head" and 13/16" head. Any good auto parts house (assuming you can find your way past the scooters, lawn furniture, and all the other crap).

Thanks! Keyword/phrase there is any good auto parts house, no such thing I know of in Yucca Valley. And if there is one it close by 5:00pm during the week and isnt open on the weekends
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

They have them at Kragen and Autozone (although you may need to find them yourself). Little drawers, usually Dorman at Kragen.

Trick in Corona/Norco is to find enough at one place. I run the 13/16" nuts - and had to clean out three places to get enough.

I need to make the effort again soon - when I converted the rear Dana 60 to disc brakes, the studs aren't long enough anymore. So I'll have to find a dozen (need spares) of the longest 1/2"-20 studs they have.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

Kragen might have them hidden somewhere but the local Autozone for me has very few parts bins to look through. I think I am going to save myself the hassle of driving all over and just order some online.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

They'll be behind the counter in both places.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Working...
            X