Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing fenders

I have rockers coming this week and I figured that I was cleaning up and preping the jeep this weekend, I'd remove the lower side fenders. however, I can't get the bolts out of the body.

does anyone have any tips/tricks for getting those three little buggers out?

I'd appreciate it.
    98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

does anyone have any suggestions?

also I have a hidden hitch that I need to get off. it obviously connects directly to the frame, but I was wondering if anyone has some easy removal tips for that one too.

all would be appreciated.

Comment

A large breaker bar. If U-Haul installed your hitch they used threadlocker on the bolts, if so, heat the bolts up with a propane torch a little, not too much. but be VERY careful... that gas tank is right there.

Comment

alright well I got everything off. the bolts left from the fenders pop right out I quickly discovered. just need to pry them a bit. tomorrow will be the rocker installation.

As for the hidden hitch - two bolts snapped as soon as I put the socket wrench on them, the third needed to be busted with a nutcracker, and the fourth was eventually busted out after I twisted and bent the hitch around several times. tomorrow the rear bumper will also be going on hopefully. it all depends on fedex at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMachine
          alright well I got everything off. the bolts left from the fenders pop right out I quickly discovered. just need to pry them a bit. tomorrow will be the rocker installation.

As for the hidden hitch - two bolts snapped as soon as I put the socket wrench on them, the third needed to be busted with a nutcracker, and the fourth was eventually busted out after I twisted and bent the hitch around several times. tomorrow the rear bumper will also be going on hopefully. it all depends on fedex at this point.
          Congrats! Mods are exciting aren't they!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

oh yeah!

now I just have to wait for the bumpers and rockers to get here so that I can swapped all that stuff out and get it going.

Comment

Working...
            X