Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusting Door Hinges

I would like to start out by saying "hello". I bought a used jeep a couple days ago. I have a quick question. Whats the best thing to do with door hinges that are starting to rust?

Thanks and keep on Jeeping.

WD-40?
    And hello.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

take them off, either replace or paint them. There way to really stop rust on the surface.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Starting to rust ... sand or wirebrush (rotating steel brush on a drill makes it really easy) the surface down to bare metal, prime a couple of coats and paint a couple of coats, then clear on top of it. It sounds like a lot of work but it doesn't take too much effort ... just some time to let the coats dry between applications. Some primers dry in a matter of minutes.

As far as the paint, I would buy the spray can from the dealer ... just give them the VIN number. Since it's starting to rust in MI, I assume it's a newer jeep
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
          Starting to rust ... sand or wirebrush (rotating steel brush on a drill makes it really easy) the surface down to bare metal, prime a couple of coats and paint a couple of coats, then clear on top of it. It sounds like a lot of work but it doesn't take too much effort ... just some time to let the coats dry between applications. Some primers dry in a matter of minutes.

As far as the paint, I would buy the spray can from the dealer ... just give them the VIN number. Since it's starting to rust in MI, I assume it's a newer jeep
          What about por-15?? (website-por15.com) From guys i know that have used it on there hot rods swear by it. A custom painter neighbor of mine swears by that stuff..
          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
          4" rough country springs
          Nth degree arms upper and lower
          1" Currie MML/BL
          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
          33"BFG MT's
          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Working...
          X