Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory SoftTop Flaps Tearing

Grrr ... I noticed today that the softtop plastic flaps (that slip into the tub along the back corners) are TEARING!! Yah, I run it without the windows but have never noticed any excessive wear, well, until now. Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like the top will be toast once these finish ripping and there's no way to attach the back
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

The SE I had was doing the same thing, kinda. It was more like "stretching" and not seating properly.

There's always DUCT TAPE It fixes everything.
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Shake, and while ur baking, grab ur staple gun and fix that right up with some staples and duct tape.
      Bryan
      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
      front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
      Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

I went and noticed that mine too was starting to go and its less than a year old. think its covered under warranty ? If notI was thinking of taking it to an upolstery shop.

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
          I went and noticed that mine too was starting to go and its less than a year old. think its covered under warranty ? If notI was thinking of taking it to an upolstery shop.
          That might work, but it's actually the plastic that's splitting. If you find a shop willing to do the work though, please let us know! I'd be interested in having my safari straps sewn on, once and for all.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
          X