Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ rolcage

Hey Guys,
    I have a 91 YJ and im going to be putting my soft top on this weekend, i have type of rollcage that does not continue to the back of the car, It is welded to my rear wheel well, from my middle hoop. Would this be sutabile in a role over situation. Hope to hear experienced input. Thanks

Justin
    ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
    |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
    ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
    Locked and Ready

Stock rollbar? Good for mild, tip it on the side stuff. 'bout it.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

The stock roll bar has a nice beefy OD but the wall thickness is v weedy. If you cut it you will think it is made of exhaust pipe.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

There's a good reason they call it a sport bar....
        Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

ic ic thanks for the great input, i will get my lockers before i upgrade the rolcage
          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
          |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
          ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
          Locked and Ready

Comment

Originally posted by assyrianplyr127
            ic ic thanks for the great input, i will get my lockers before i upgrade the rolcage
            Yeah - go for the lockers, just don't roll it over

Comment

There's no reason for anyone to give a rats ass, but that was my 200th post :yay:

Comment

haha ok
                ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                Locked and Ready

Comment

Well I have to disagree to a degree with everyone here. I have rolled mine twice with nothing other than the stock "sport bar" and had no problems. As a matter of fact that, I still have the same windshield.

Now obviously based on that last comment, these have not been dramatic or particularly violent rollovers, but it will hold. I just finished my cage home style and utilized the stock rear portion- I don't have $1k to do it correctly.

I have seen this be a big issue of debate. To be frank, if you are not a knucklehead, and are not trying Potato Salad Hill on a regular basis, you will be fine. Safety should come first, but if you are not in over your head, you most likely will not end up on it.
                  '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                  www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

Working...
                  X