Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeePuter

I am currently installing my JeePuter and will have a rundown of all the fluff before TDS, with pics of course........

Stats...

AMD 750Mhz
    512 RAM
    20G HDD
    DVD Player
    7" Touch Screen Monitor

Features....

Voice controlled software for MP3 playback
    DVD movies
    JeePS installed and connected to map software for real time navigation

Connected to......

Blaupunkt Head Unit
    200W Kicker Amp
    Duel Voice-Coil Cerwin-Vega 10'Sub

I'll keep those interested posted..................I'm such a nerd......
    "A dark comedy about sexual addiction, chocolate pudding, religious relics and the Heimlich Maneuver."

Wow, that rocks! ope you've got some wireless internet in there too, I'll bring my lapop. Haha, oh wait, I'll bring it anyway
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Wireless is in the works......and although I have a lap-top to use...I thought this would be more fun.
      "A dark comedy about sexual addiction, chocolate pudding, religious relics and the Heimlich Maneuver."

Comment

This sounds really cool!

I thought about finding a cheap laptop to connect to my GPS and somehow installing it in my Jeep.

Very interested in how this goes for you.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

What is the shock resistant mounting system you will use for the optical drive? Typical white-box dvd drivess don't like to be banged around. They don't like choking on fine dust or condensation either. Maybe less of an issue in a WJ than a TJ Power supply and fan? Consider small digital cameras on the leading and trailing edges of the crossmember to spot your tires from inside the cabin.

If you want all that stuff, I'd consider one of the Panasonic Toughbooks as it has the touchscreen already, is dust/vibe/water/heat/cold/shock resistant, and can be taken with you when it is time to go have dinner. I need to fab up a mount for mine that won't launch it into my passengers face if the airbags deploy.

It sounds like an interesting project though. Can't wait to see pics!
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
            What is the shock resistant mounting system you will use for the optical drive? Typical white-box dvd drivess don't like to be banged around. They don't like choking on fine dust or condensation either. Maybe less of an issue in a WJ than a TJ Power supply and fan? Consider small digital cameras on the leading and trailing edges of the crossmember to spot your tires from inside the cabin.

If you want all that stuff, I'd consider one of the Panasonic Toughbooks as it has the touchscreen already, is dust/vibe/water/heat/cold/shock resistant, and can be taken with you when it is time to go have dinner. I need to fab up a mount for mine that won't launch it into my passengers face if the airbags deploy.

It sounds like an interesting project though. Can't wait to see pics!
            The disc drive will not be mounted, it will be used only when needed, I will have it cabled out.

Power supply....
            http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ituner/pw1220atxmip1.html
            and
            http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ituner/itps.html

I have found two small USB cameras that I have considered using as well, however, I want the system installed and integrity tested before investing further into the project.

Toughbooks are nice, but I wanted something more intergrated and interchangable. Total project cost so far is about 550$ which is much less than a laptop.

For a mount check this site out...
            http://traveloasis.com/navigatorente...obiledesk.html

I will have pics up probably within a couple of weeks, Im going out of town.

Comment

Status update:

COmputer is installed and working.

I had problems with the onboard sound so I bought a cheap 30$ soundblaster card and it works!

Touchscreen driver does not seem to be compatible with win2k, I bought a mini mouse for when I can use it and have been testing my voice activation software. Works pretty damn good.

I added an extension to my USB and added a 4 port hub for any goodies I might want to add.

I have pics and am working on a write up for the project, unfortunatly it wont be completed for TDS, but for those interested I will have a link within the next few weeks.

Comment

Too cool! Congrats!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I posted early and boy you can tell.

First. Thanks Sarah!

Second, The computer works and I will have it at TDS for those that are interested in seeing it. The write up wont be completed until after TDS.

Comment

Working...
                  X